Saturday, October 25, 2008

Me and My Apartment

We have some funny qirks here at the apartment, and one of them lately has been the fun little habit of watching the bravest, sexiest, strongest, and prettiest heroine known to mankind... yes, we have all been deeply involved in the intense saga of "SHE-RA"--

yes eveyone "I am SHE-RA!" not to be confused with her twin brother, HE-MAN aka -"I have the Power!" We all are disturbed by the fact that she doesn't get to say that she has the POWER too. I guess that's just us feminist women out here in the City. But watching these awesome episodes has made me seek out even more goodness, like "Gem and the Holigrams". I'm going to have to buy these shows for my kids to watch instead of the filth that is all over the TV now-a-days.


So I love my room mates. They are great great great. The other Sunday I was curled up in my bed reading when Sarah Ratliff (the Drama Therapist from Arkansas (in the middle of the group) - yes we have the southern accent come out "real stong" sometimes) comes in and curls up on the other side of the bed and we start chatting. Before long Carrie George (our gypsy room mate (second from the right)- since she's half here, half in DC) comes in to join us. About an our later in walks Meredith (far left). We're up to 4 - then the OTHER Sarah(far right) comes home and we are one big, happy roomie family. Life doesn't get any better in NYC!

And what is being in a singles ward without your lovely "dinner groups". Back at ASU and Dixie State this was formerly known as "the free meal ticket --- male only". When did the girls EVER get a free meal out of the guys in the ward. If they did, apparantly I was running with the wrong crowd. Bet here in NYC the guys actually cook too... at least they attempt to. They are improving their skills, but those first few tries were something to behold.

The good thing is that I'm back cooking again... well, at least once every 3 weeks. I kind of went on strike there for a while - for about 2 years now. But I'm back baby! And unlike other skills, cooking isn't exactly something you lose. haha



I'm also learning to throw some AWESOME parties here. Cause "Who wouldn't want to eat pudding?"

Yes, we threw a Pudding Party.
All Kinds of pudding, all kinds of fun. Banana pudding, steam pudding, rice pudding, pumpkin pudding, vanilla, chocolate, pudding pops, pudding sandwiches, mud pie, tapioca, tofu pudding, etc etc... we are ALL puddinged out!!! at least for the next 6 months.



The next party we're doing is a double birthday party that is going to be centered around the theme of "Trailer Trash". Yes, I'm excited. I want to make a cake from ding dongs and tootsie rolls.

3 comments:

Ben and Jenny said...

I love reading about your life in NYC! It kind of makes me miss the social scene that I am now lacking. Keep up the stories!

Robin said...

I love it! This is SO much better than facebook. We actually get to see and hear what you're doing in the big city. I love the Trailer Trash themed party idea! Your roomies seem really nice. Are you, Jen and Lynda singing at the tabernacle in St.George this Christmas???

Cinda said...

Hi Lynett! I saw your name on Steph's blog, so I thought I would say "Hi". It's been a while. We have a blog, too. It's melvinandcinda.blogspot.com Drop a line anytime. Where are your sisters, Jen and Lynda?