Wednesday, November 26, 2008

From Icicles to Sunshine!!!!



Wow it's been a while and there sure are a lot of things to catch up on... but... I'll just tell you the latest!

Work has been good, and one of my favorite catering events so far had to be this Daddy-Daughter Dance for a catholic school up North of the City. I never had such a good time watching a bunch of High School girls get dressed up in these fancy dresses, then all wear these high heels that made them look like chicken when they walked. It was hilAAAAAArious! If you want to try it, slap on some heels... bend your knees slightly and... strut 2 3 4, strut 2 3 4... work it girl! Work It!
Then when it was time to dance I had a good chuckle watching all these Daddies out there with their little girls trying to dance the latest hip-hip style to a song that talks about getting down and dirty on the dance floor (yeah... that was just WRONG!)


This last weekend before the trip out here I had a great time with the roomies. If any and all of you love the TWILIGHT series, you all know what I'm talking about when Friday the 21st was a giggle fest of screaming girls at the movie theatre. Yes - even though me and my two room mates were there right along with the fourty thousand middle-schoolers (who were at the TWILIGHT movie on a field trip - all I have to say is, "Where was this when I was a kid?") we did have somewhat of a more mature approach to the movie... somewhat. But yes, we did enjoy sucking on our RING-POPS from the local store as we ahhhed and ooohed.

The next day was the long-awaited-for "TRAILER TRASH" Party. It was a birthday party for two of my room mates - what can I say, Sarah can sure pick a theme! I had the lovely costume of rollers in the hair, bright blue and pink make-up and a robe over sweat pants. I looked HOT!! To go with this night of cheese-doodles, pork rinds and cool-aid I whipped up a birthday cake of Ding-Dongs, Twinkies, powdered donuts, and tootsie rolls. It doesn't get more "dorky" than that. The evening was spent listening to Sarah and her guests talking in strong southern accents and doing every thing possible to make it a "hick" night.And yes, I'm a nerd and recorded this facing side-ways. So just crane your neck "REAL GOOD".





So I JUST got out here to sunny AZ - and YES! it IS sunny! (at least until today where it rained most of the morning and evening) I arrived from NYC (and it is quite cold there - I have to bundle up with shirt, sweater, coat, mittons, scarf and hat to survive there at the moment) and the very next day my sister, Jen (yes she is doing better everyone - and the baby is so cute), and I went down to Tempe Town Lake where they were having the Iron Man extravaganza and lo and behold there is not a person there that does not have shorts, a tank top, or a pair of flip-flops on. You would think I had died and gone to heaven. I have been looking like the odd-ball out there in NYC for a while now thanks to AZ dressing habits dying hard. I have to say I love my shorts and my flip-flops. I tried to wear my flip-flops for AS LONG as I could, but when a short walk to the corner of the street and back is enough to about give me frost bite, I have to finally concede.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I was totally laughing at your daddy daughter day post about the music! Your Trailer Trash party looks so fun, what an awesome theme! Love the curlers, you DO look hot, lol. Love the videos. You'll have to post and take some pics of Jen's cute little boy for us.